So here we are, in another month of releases, we already gave a little briefing of what we were going to do this month, but before anything, we apologize for the delay with August release.
The release of the rebased Pie edition and new brand/rebranded Pie Plus edition resulted in the delay of our August release. We are planning to make things faster for upcoming releases.
So here is the changelog:
- August security patch
- Ambient play improved
- Source code rebased and cleaned up, this will facilitate Android 10 bring up, and also few improvements to current base.
- Google apps updated
- Lot of under the hood fixes
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- New Edition to include our customizations options available in our Pie Edition
- Added support for long screenshots
- Added framework side support for system internal audio recording (Keep in mind that the UI is not available yet. An update will soon be released on the Play Store for all Plus version users.)
- Improved theming
And in the past versions, due to glitches and incompatibilities, the multi user feature has been disabled. Starting from the next builds, it will be possible to enable multi user by editing the build.prop with the following properties:
Devices roaster changes
- Oneplus 5 (cheeseburger) – Maintainer: Jowee Yu (maximeyxw/xiaowyyyyya)
- Oneplus 5T (dumpling) – Maintainer: Jowee Yu (maximeyxw/xiaowyyyyya)
- Mi A2 (jasmine_sprout) – Maintainer: Aryan Gupta (blackman01/darkbeast69)
- Mi 9 SE (grus) – Maintainer: Henrique Pereira (Hlcpereira)
- Redmi Note 7 (lavender) – Maintainer: Pereira Ricardo (Nameless/nunocodex)
- Water 8 (mobee01a)
- Robin (ether)
- Z17 (nx563j)
- Mi 6X (wayne)
- Redmi Note 6/6 Pro (tulip)
Note about Redmi K20 Pro (raphael): There’s no prevision of releasing official builds for it. Those devices that are listed are added but also confirmed to receive official builds this month, or even already have received.
It doesn’t harm to remind that those using the now old Pie Edition, will receive the Plus Edition as OTA update. If the Plus version isn’t available for your device, you will receive the normal Pie Edition as OTA update. Those using the discontinued Pie CAF Edition, a clean install is a must. The GSIs releases will start by the next week.
Also, builds of Moto G1 (falcon), Mi 5X (tiffany), Nubia Z17 (nx563j), Water 8 (mobee01a) and Nextbit Robin (ether) were removed from our host server due they are already 3 upto 4 months old builds.
At least, as some of you may know, that due some recent facts involving the OnePlus 6T (fajita), we decided to not accept any maintainship application for the device until things started to calm down. So do it, we are accepting maintainship applications for the device once again.
If you want to apply to maintain officially your device you can read the requirements here. But just full-filling the requirements doesn’t means that you’re going to be accepted. We will considere some other points in between it also if necessary, like experience or how’s your behavior with other people and even with some more technical stuff.
Thanks for reading
Did you like the project? Show your support by donating via PayPal! http://bit.ly/jhenrique09_paypal
Official Telegram channel: https://t.me/pixelexperience
Official Telegram chat: https://t.me/pixelexperiencechat